Greetings from Jamaica. We left Kingston & Mo Bay with some happy memories and will be spending the next week in Ocho Rios at a yoga retreat with dear friends from all walks of life. I am savoring long beach walks; gorgeous vistas and fine Jamaican hospitality ~ ya man:)
During these days, my heart is often filled with deep gratitude…for the wonderful opportunity that somehow I have been blessed with to continue exploring my growth – intellectual, emotional and spiritual while being able to make a contribution to those who dream of a better life–and a greater world.
I just wanted to send you this note, thank you for your contribution to my life and the world, share a little on my journaling I have done over the last few days while sipping Blue Mountain coffee- a quick 7 (but hopefully valuable) insights on what I have discovered over the last year to inspire your journey as you continue the phenomenal ascent to living life of your dreams:
7 distinctions life has taught me in 2016:
- Love is a state of mind~ When I embrace love as my default state I’m able to bring comfortableness to the world. It allows me to be vulnerable with others and share the gift of love & a bond of trust. Context therefore is a game-changer. By shifting the context instead of getting muddled in the content; I was able to shift many challenging situations this year. Example: An empowering context that drives my life now is that of “I love people and people love me back” and it has opened up new doors, new opportunities, new friendships, healed past hurts, and created a life of joy de vivre.
- Don’t set goals, instead set conditions for success to create inevitability of the outcome. Example: Scheduling my yoga and swim times on my calendar has given me a better yield than trying to use willpower
- Avoid the trap of ‘In Order To’ or once I get there I will be somebody. I’m realizing at the gut level that there is nowhere to get; to be whatever I desire and want to become it has to be now. After all it is who we become that counts as a result of our successes. There is no time like now, now, now, now. Example: I choose to Be Love, Be Abundant, Be Grateful, Be Happy now
- Happiness begets success, and not the other way around. I have learned that the way to live is to set a bold and compelling vision for the future while focusing on being happy now. Happiness is a learned skill and is about managing the body’s pharmacy. Example: Meditating, expressing gratitude and moving my body first thing in the morning sets up my day nicely and gets the dopamine to flow in my system
- Everything I want is outside of my comfort zone, I have started saying ‘Yes’ to adventures, opportunities, and new disciplines. Example: I learned to dance Kizomba, had fun playing cuban drums, and took my public speaking to the next level. (I was serendipitously awarded the Toastmaster of the year for 2016). I have also started a daily practice of gratitude and making someone’s day – I give out genuine compliments without an agenda
- Focus on value and not cost. To solve a problem, I now use an elevated approach – take on a bigger purpose and the problem becomes trivial. Example: Instead of focusing on earnings, I shifted the focus on adding massive value to my clients, & earnings took care of itself
- Collect experiences and not things. Instead of the means goals; I now aim for the magical memories or end goals. You can know more about your end goals by asking three simple questions: What would I like to experience? How would I like to grow? How would I like to contribute? (For further reading refer: The Code of Extraordinary Mind)
Example: here’s mine:
Experience: Love, Joy, Peace, Authenticity, Freedom, Abundance and Gratitude
Growth: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Financial
Contribute: GCI Vision
Thank you for taking the time to read this long post. I lead a blessed life, and I’m also appreciative of every moment of it. I truly wish that for all of you.
From my heart to yours, Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year!
With Love and Respect; One Love